Русский|English
feedback

Municipality Timiryazevskoe

Coat of arms and flag

Blazon

Shield: Moscow shape. Party per fess. Chief, Azure. Charge, clocktower Or, topped by an arch Argent with a bell Or suspended, and two eagles Argent in profile, rousant with wings addorsed. Base, Vert. Charge, lattice Or of three mascles.

Description

The Moscow shape shield is divided horizontally. The top field is blue and depicts an ornate clocktower in gold, topped by a silver arch with a gold bell suspended, and two eagles in profile, wings raised. The bottom field is green and depicts a gold lattice made of three rhombuses with rhomboid hopes.

Symbolism

The clocktower of the Timiryazev Agricultural Academy (Nicholas Benois, architect) symbolises the academy as a major research and educational establishment, and the district’s cultural and economic core. Established in 1865, it changed the entire locality, formerly occupied by several villages owned by the Count Naryshkins and Razumovskys. The eagles are taken from their coats-of-arms. The lattice of rhomboids symbolises fertile soil in Russian folk patterns, and also alludes to the gold lattice in the Naryshkins’ coat-of-arms.

Description

The flag of the Timiryazevsky Municipal District is a two-sided rectangle with a 2:3 width to length ratio.

It consists of two horizontal stripes. The top is blue, with the breadth of 11/16 of the flag’s width, and the bottom green.

Depicted in the middle if the blue stripe is a yellow clocktower topped by a white arch with a yellow bell suspended. The base of the tower is on the green stripe. Two white eagles with raised wings show to either side of the tower, in profile. The size of the image is 7/12 of the flag’s length and 13/20 of its width.

Depicted in the centre of the green stripe is a yellow lattice of three voided rhomboids. The size of the image is 3/8 of the flag’s length and 3/16 of its width.