Русский|English
feedback

Municipality Bogorodskoe

Coat of arms and flag

Blazon

Shield: Moscow shape, Azure. Party per chevron, Argent, sides curved. Chief, rose, Or; core, Sable.

Description

The Moscow shape shield is blue, divided by a silver chevron with sides curved, dome-like. It is topped by a rose in gold with black core.

Symbolism

The golden rose is the heraldic symbol of the Virgin Mary, and so reflects the name of the village of Bogorodskoye (derives from Bogoroditsa, the Russian for Theotokos). Prosperous in the 14th and 15th centuries, the village was mentioned in the testament made in 1443 by Princess Elena, daughter of Algirdas the Grand Duke of Lithuania and the widow of Prince Vladimir the Brave of Serpukhov and Borovsk. The silver chevron stylized as an arched gable widely used in old Russian architecture symbolizes a masterpiece of the Muscovite architectural style, the Transfiguration Church.

Description

The flag of the Bogorodskoye Municipal District is a two-sided rectangle with a 2:3 width to length ratio.

In the bottom of the blue field is depicted a white pointed dome with the base on the bottom flag edge. The size of the white dome is 3/4 of the flag’s length and 7/16 of its width.

Above it is a yellow heraldic rose. Its size of 3/10 of the flag’s length and 7/16 of its width. The centre of the image is at an equal distance from the side edges of the flag and 5/16 of the flag’s width off the top edge.