Русский|English
feedback

Municipality Golianovo

Coat of arms and flag

Blazon

Shield: Moscow shape. Party per fess. Chief party per pale. Dexter chief, Or. Charge, princely crown, Gules and Argent. Sinister chief, Vert. Charge, elk statant facing Dexter, Or. Base, Azure. Charge, two fishes naiant, facing Dexter, one above the other.

Description

The Moscow shape shield is divided horizontally, and the top field vertically in two. The top right field is gold and depicts a princely crown in red and silver. The top left field is green and depicts a gold standing elk, facing right. The bottom field is blue and depicts two silver fishes swimming right, one above the other.

Symbolism

The red princely crown symbolizes Tsar Alexis Romanov’s hereditary ownership of the village of Golyanovo. The village was later owned by the Prince Sergeyevs (in 1805-1811) and the Prince Trubetskoys, since 1811. The gold elk symbolizes the most precious treasure of the district — a part of the Elk Isle nature reserve. The silver fishes symbolize minnows, in which local ponds and rivers abounded.

According to tradition, the village owed them its name — the Russian for «minnow» is golyan.

Description

The flag of the Golyanovo Municipal District is a two-sided rectangle with a 2:3 width to length ratio.

The bottom field is blue. Its width is 1/2 of the flag’s width. The top field consists of two rectangles of equal size — yellow hoist and green fly.

In the centre of the yellow field is a red princely crown. The size of the image is 1/4 of the flag’s length and 3/8 of its width.

In the centre of the green field is a yellow elk facing the hoist side. Its size is 1/4 of the flag’s length and 3/8 of its width.

In the centre of the blue field are two white minnows, one above the other. The size of the image is 5/12 of the flag’s length and 3/8 of its width.