Department Head and Moscow Government Minister
- Born 11 July, 1979, Perm; PhD Economics
- 2000: Graduated from Perm State University with a degree in economics and mathematics. PhD (Economics).
- 2002: Earned a degree in linguistics and translation.
- 1998 — 2002: Worked in various businesses.
- 2002 — 2005: Head of Budget Planning Division, Head of Division for Regional Finance and Investments, Deputy Head of the Main Economic Directorate of the Administration of the Perm Region.
- 2005 — 2007: First Deputy Chairman, Planning Department, Perm Region; First Deputy Head of the Executive Office under the Governor of the Perm Territory.
- 2007 — 2009: Deputy Director, Department for Inter-Budget Relations; Director, Department for Monitoring and Evaluation of Efficiency of Government Authorities of Constituent Entities of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Regional Development of Russia.
- 2009: Head of the Executive Office of the Governor of the Perm Territory.
- 2009 — 2010: Director, Department for State Governance, Regional Development and Local Government of the Government Staff of the Russian Federation.
- 2010: First Deputy Chief of Staff to the Moscow Mayor and Moscow Government.
- 23 April, 2012: Appointed Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Moscow Department for Economic Policy and Development by an executive order of the Mayor of Moscow.
- June 6, 2013: Appointed Acting Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department of Economic Policy and Development.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department of Economic Policy and Development.
- Actual State Councillor of the City of Moscow 1st Class. Awarded Honorary Certificate of the Government of the Russian Federation and Letter of Gratitude from the President of the Russian Federation.
About the Department
Areas of activity
- Defining areas of urban development to receive budgetary and off-budget investments.
- Exercising state control over prices and tariffs for goods, work, and services within the Department’s limits of competence as defined by the Moscow Government.
- Preparing forecasts for social and economic development in Moscow, organising and supervising activities related to drafting Moscow’s socioeconomic development strategy and the Moscow Government’s programmes.
- Developing suggestions for projecting the Moscow municipal revenues and expenses for the near and medium terms based on the city’s financial balance, factor analysis of development trends and drivers, as well as the development of critically important transaction tables and material balances and indicators.
- Participating in the development of a long-term financial plan for Moscow and the drafting of the municipal budget.
- Conducting on-going analysis of Moscow’s economic and financial conditions and of the implementation of the municipal programmes and government contracts signed by Moscow authorities.
- Developing draft laws and other municipal legal acts regulating socioeconomic and financial aspects of the municipal economy, as well as taxation and collection of fees; submitting them and other proposals on issues related to the department for consideration by relevant government authorities and elected officials; preparing expert opinions on draft legal acts.
- Facilitating the development and introduction of industry-specific standard costs involved in investment and the operation of the municipal economy.
- Developing citywide standards; providing methodology and conducting expert analysis of the industry standards; regulating budget expenditure standards.
- Maintaining socioeconomic development passports for Moscow’s industries and urban areas, operators of the common register of Moscow-based recipients of social benefits, the register of products supplied under government contracts signed by the Moscow Government, registers for Moscow targeted programmes, and the common system for classification and coding of the technological, economic, and social information in Moscow on instruction of the Moscow Government.
- Establishing financial and economic frameworks and a regulatory foundation for implementing investment policies and programmes in Moscow.
- Developing proposals, measures and mechanisms for establishing cooperation with federal executive bodies and improving inter-budgetary relations so as to help exercise the Moscow Government’s authority under federal law.
- Formulating, in accordance with the socioeconomic policy, a performance assessment procedure for Moscow’s executive bodies, and participating in reviewing its results.
- Participating in drafting the list of government services.
- Functioning as an authorised body of the Moscow Government in fostering cooperation between Moscow Government authorities and agencies and the Federal Real Estate Cadastre Agency and Federal Agency for Management of Special Economic Zones.
- Duly performing the functions of government contracting authority, key spending unit, administrator and recipient of budget funds in Moscow in accordance with budget law and other regulations adopted in the Russian Federation, Moscow municipal regulations and the institutional classification of expenses from the Moscow budget.
- Acting as administrator and coordinator of municipal executive bodies for projecting and monitoring revenue received by the Moscow tax authorities from investment agreements and other monies as determined by Moscow regulations for the next fiscal year.
- Exercising its authority as an owner of information resources and systems acquired by the department acting as a government contracting authority.
- Making economic assessments of arrangements to implement programmes and individual projects related to the construction of housing and non-residential facilities; drafting budget financing proposals.
- Analysing the applicability in Moscow of the proposals related to commercial construction investment projects made by owners of land parcels or other real estate; preparing expert opinions on the economic terms of investment projects implemented in Moscow using off-budget sources of financing.
- Approving government contracts (agreements) and additional agreements for contract work, land development plans, and completed work payment registers.
- Approving draft investment contracts, additional agreements to investment contracts, records of preliminary and final distribution of space in the residential and non-residential facilities, acts of investment project implementation with regard to residential and non-residential facilities.
- Preparing (drafting) and completing paperwork for starting bids during bidding contests and auctions to choose investors and implementing projects for capital construction of residential or non-residential facilities in Moscow.
- Preparing fast-track investment project business plans including, as necessary, appraisals of the land parcels’ market value, and participating in the development of a streamlined mechanism for investment project implementation.
- Determining the structure and volume of the municipal government order in both real and nominal terms based on its funding sources.
- Implementing municipal pricing policy during the construction of facilities commissioned by municipal government authorities.
- Facilitating the development of the Moscow Targeted Investment Programme, summarising it and handing it down to contractors.
- Participating in the development and approval of the concepts and areas of focus of urban development in Moscow.
- Facilitating work to build and develop information systems in Moscow in the sphere of economics and finance; ensuring the compatibility of citywide institutional and territorial automated processes, databases, and classifiers as they relate to economics and finance.
- Participating in the development of scientific and technical development programmes for the benefit of the municipal economy.
- Analysing the economic and financial situation of the industries; assessing the effectiveness of support provided to small businesses.
- Drafting proposals to stabilise the financial and economic condition of priority and socially important Moscow industries.
- Participating in drafting municipal programmes, investment projects and business plans for developing and reforming the industrial complex and small businesses, including restructuring and establishing enterprises and industrial areas, relocating and removing from Moscow inefficient and environmentally unsafe enterprises and organisations and expert analysis thereof.
- Conducting expert reviews of proposals regarding purchases by the Moscow government of staple foods for the uninterrupted supply to Moscow consumers; conducting expert reviews of the projected need for budget financing of such purchases.
- Preparing economic and investment elements of agreements for economic, scientific, technological and cultural cooperation with the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, CIS countries, and other foreign countries.
- Organising and providing methodical support for the calculation of fiscal revenue generated by property owned by the Moscow Government; identifying reserves for boosting revenue, streamline the revenue structure and drafting objectives for attracting funds generated by use of property owned by the Moscow Government.
- Developing methodical recommendations for drafting public economic sector development plans.
- Drafting annual and medium-term plans for the development of Moscow’s state-run economic sector.
- Analysing the financial and economic performance of state-owned unitary enterprises and agencies, and developing recommendations to boost performance.
- Participating in the establishment, reorganisation, and liquidation of state unitary enterprises, state-run agencies, and other organisations overseen by the department; and monitoring their activities according to the established procedure.
- Participating in the development of the forecast plan (programme) for the privatisation of Moscow’s state-owned property and of the proposals for more effectively using Moscow’s state-owned property.
- Developing proposals to improve the Moscow Government’s economic policy on the management of non-residential premises, plots of land, and shares of stock owned by the Moscow Government and Moscow-based state unitary enterprises.
- Facilitating the development and implementation of measures to make better use of financial and securities markets in the urban economy.
- Analysing the functions of the lending and investment business in Moscow and the regulations governing the business.
- Enforcing the Moscow Government’s insurance market policy.
- Coordinating economic services run by territorial and industry-specific executive bodies in Moscow.
- Facilitating, in cooperation with Moscow’s executive authorities, the repayment of all types of debt owed to the municipal budget by enterprises.
- Implementing government policy to forestall corporate insolvency (bankruptcy).
- Working together with the Federal Taxation Service’s Moscow branch as well as with Moscow’s industry-specific and territorial executive bodies to reduce the number of enterprises operating at a loss.
- Facilitating the work of the Moscow Government’s inter-departmental commission for interaction between Moscow government authorities, federal government authorities, Moscow enterprises and agencies regarding the payment of remuneration, taxes and insurance premiums.
- Acting as an authorised Moscow executive body in regulating the lottery in Moscow.
- Preparing proposals for measures, arrangements and an economic framework for cooperating with law enforcement agencies.
- Ensuring the protection of state secrets and other confidential information pursuant to federal law and regulations of the Moscow Government.