- Born 1959, Vladimir.
- PhD in History.
- 1976 – 2011: Held different positions in state security forces and agencies.
- September 2011: Deputy Moscow Mayor, Group of Advisers and Aides to Moscow Mayor, Moscow Mayor Directorate.
- January 24, 2012: Head of the Moscow Department of Regional Security.
- June 6, 2013: Appointed Acting Head of the Department of Regional Security.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Head of the Department of Regional Security.
- Married, with two children.
About the Department
Areas of activity
- Coordinating efforts with federal executive agencies’ local branches, Moscow’s municipal executive bodies, local government bodies, public associations and citizens to ensure security throughout Moscow.
- Facilitating the operation of permanent collective bodies in Moscow (commissions, groups, or headquarters) working on issues of security, crime prevention, countering corruption, illicit drug trafficking and drug abuse.
- Coordinating security efforts undertaken by Moscow municipal executive bodies, local government bodies, citizens’ public associations and other organisations.
- Monitoring, analysing and forecasting the security situation in Moscow.
- Considering notices filed with the Moscow government for the holding of public events in Moscow.
- Coordinating efforts with Moscow’s registered Cossack societies, the regional affiliate of the Voluntary Society for Assistance to the Army, Aviation and the Navy, the Military Commandant’s Office of Moscow, and the Military Registration and Enlistment Office of Moscow concerning security and conscription.
- Acting as a state contracting authority — coordinator on the city’s targeted programmes drawn up to implement security measures.
- Accepting and examining materials seeking nominations for the Moscow Security Prize.
- Assessing and reviewing Moscow crime statistics and information and drafting proposals for the Mayor of Moscow to help him in managerial decision making on law enforcement.