- Born 3 December 1967, Moscow.
- 1989: Graduated with honours from Frunze Higher Navy School.
- State Councilor of the Russian Federation, Third Class.
- 1984–1991: Military service.
- 1991–1996: Worked in private businesses.
- 1996–2003: Researcher at the Vernadsky Institute of Geochemistry and Analytical Chemistry.
- 2003–2005: Adviser to the Chairman of the Russian State Committee for Fishery.
- 2005–2006: Economic security specialist at Irkutgazprom.
- 2006–2007: Chief specialist of the forest and preserve oversight department at the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources' branch in the Central Federal District.
- 2007–2008: Head of the forest and preserve oversight department at the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources' branch in the Central Federal District, Deputy Head of the Central Federal District branch.
- 2008–2010: Head of the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources' branch in the Central Federal District.
- 10 November 2010: Appointed Head of the Moscow Department for Environmental Management and Protection.
- 6 June 2013: Appointed Acting Head of the Department of Nature Management and Environmental Protection.
- 17 September 2013: Appointed Head of the Department of Nature Management and Environmental Protection.
- Awards: Badge of distinction For Exemplary Service from the Russian Natural Resources Ministry; Certificate of Honour of the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources; badge of distinction 100th Birth Anniversary of Soviet Admiral Nikolai Kuznetsov.
About the Department
Areas of activity
- Managing cooperation with government agencies of the Russian Federation, regional authorities, executive bodies of Moscow, the prefectures of administrative areas, district administrations, departments of the Moscow city government, local-government bodies, bodies of interior forces, and prosecutor’s offices, among others, to ensure the implementation of uniform environmental protection policies in Moscow.
- Developing and implementing environmental protection measures and programmes in Moscow.
- Providing the public with accurate information concerning environmental protection.
- Promoting environmental education and raising environmental awareness of the public, organising environmental auditing and certification in Moscow within the department’s competence; supervising organisations involved in environmental auditing.
- Developing environmental protection legislation in order to create efficient regulatory mechanisms for environmental protection and the use of natural resources; analysing related federal and municipal legislation.