Department Head and Moscow Government Minister
- 1989: Graduated with distinction from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) under the Foreign Ministry of the USSR, PhD in Economics.
- 1992: Attended the City University of New York’s Investment and International Settlements programme; in 1993, participated in the bank employee training programme at Fairfield University, United States.
- 1991-1992: First deputy chairman of the board at the private bank Printbank.
- 1992-1998: Chairman of the board at the Moscow Export-Import Bank.
- 1999-2000: Vice president at the Urals Trust Bank.
- 2000-2003: President of the private bank Severo-Vostochny Alyans (North-Eastern Alliance).
- 2004-2005: Chairman of the Management Board at the Moscow Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- 2005 — 2009: Chairman of the Board of Directors at the Moscow Bank for Reconstruction and Development; senior vice president; head of foreign relations at AFK Sistema.
- 2009 — 2010: Deputy chairman of the Board of Directors at AFK Sistema.
- November 8, 2010: Appointed Moscow government minister and head of the Department for Foreign Economic Activity and International Relations.
- June 6, 2013: Appointed Acting Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department for Foreign Economic Activity and International Relations.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department for Foreign Economic Activity and International Relations.
- Has received the Honorary Certificate of the Moscow Government.
- Enjoys alpine skiing and tennis.
- Married, with three children.
About the Department
Areas of activity
The Department for Foreign Economic Activity and International Relations is the body of executive authority of the City of Moscow responsible for drafting and implementing municipal policy on attracting foreign investment, developing international and foreign economic ties, maintaining Moscow’s international credit rating and individual debt obligations, sovereign foreign loans, holding international conferences and exhibitions, promoting Moscow as an international financial centre, and supporting compatriots abroad.
In accordance with established procedure, the Department drafts and submits to the Moscow Mayor and Government the legislative acts of the Moscow Mayor and Moscow Government on subjects within its spheres of competence, including those relating to:
- approval of Moscow City Government programmes;
- implementation of investment projects which involve the possibility of attracting foreign investment in the interests of Moscow;
- implementation of investment projects abroad with allocations from the Moscow budget;
- a direct investment fund which contains foreign capital;
- a procedure for cooperation between the executive authorities of Moscow and its foreign partners in the area of sovereign foreign borrowing;
- reception of foreign delegations and foreign trips by official delegations of the City of Moscow and the Moscow Government;
- development of a consolidated plan of foreign economic and international events in Moscow;
- a procedure for supporting compatriots abroad;
- planning and holding of the Days of Moscow abroad and similar events of foreign cities and regions in Moscow, as well as international conferences and exhibitions in Moscow.
In compliance with federal laws and other legislative acts of the Russian Federation, as well as the laws and other legislative acts of the City of Moscow, the Department makes decisions on the following subjects:
- establishing quotas and transferring funds for paying Moscow Mayor scholarships to students of branches of Russian universities or higher education institutions of the CIS and Baltic countries where teaching is carried out in Russian;
- providing subsidies from the budget of the City of Moscow in cases stipulated by the legislative acts of the City of Moscow;
- making settlements with rating agencies as part of efforts to maintain the credit ratings of the City of Moscow and its individual debt obligations;
- organising the operation of Moscow Houses and other representative offices of the City of Moscow abroad;
- other issues related to the implementation of the powers of Moscow as a constituent entity of the Russian Federation in established spheres of activity and the organisation of the Department’s activity in accordance with federal laws and other legislative acts of the Russian Federation, as well as the laws and other legislative acts of the City of Moscow.