Department Head and Moscow Government Minister
- Born 15 November 1973, Moscow.
- 1995: Graduated with honours from Russian State University for the Humanities.
- 2000: Completed postgraduate studies, awarded PhD in History.
- 2000–2001: Served in the Navy. Awarded the Medal for Service in Marine Infantry.
- 2001–2004: Deputy department head and chief of a division in the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
- 2004–2006: Employed on the staff of the Government Executive Office.
- 2006–2008: Deputy Director, Government Department of Mass Communications, Culture and Education.
- 2008–2010: Head of the Federal Service for Monitoring Compliance with Cultural Heritage Protection Law.
- August 2009: Awarded the Honorary Certificate of the President of the Russian Federation.
- February 2010: Awarded the rank of Actual State Councillor of the Russian Federation 2nd Class.
- November 2010: Appointed Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department of Cultural Heritage.
- 6 June 2013: Appointed Acting Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department of Cultural Heritage.
- 17 September 2013: Appointed Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department of Cultural Heritage.
- 11 March 2015: Appointed Moscow Government Minister, Head of the Moscow Department of Culture.
About the Department
Areas of activity
- Developing municipal targeted programmes in culture and the arts;
- Acting, in accordance with established procedure, as a government contracting authority in the development and implementation of targeted programmes in culture, the delivery of goods and provision of services in response to state requirements pertaining to culture;
- Developing, in accordance with established procedure, draft laws and other legal acts to be enacted in Moscow in regulating cultural issues, presenting the aforementioned draft laws and other proposals relating to matters under the department’s supervision for consideration by the respective executive agencies of Moscow and their officials, submitting reports on draft laws developed by other executive authorities in Moscow that relate to matters under the department’s supervision;
- Developing and implementing the government’s financial, investment and innovation policies in culture;
- Managing Moscow city budget funds and funds allocated by the Moscow government legislation for the current fiscal year;
- Executing the Moscow city budget and overseeing adherence to the budget by the subordinate state-funded institutions within the expenditure limits agreed;
- Ensuring efficient and productive expenditure of Moscow city budget funds, including expenditure by subordinate state-funded institutions;
- Overseeing targeted Moscow budget expenditure and taking measures to prevent Russian budget law being broken, including by subordinate state-funded institutions;
- Ensuring the fulfilment of the budgetary obligations by the subordinate state- funded institutions within the limits of the budgetary obligations and revenue generated by commercial or any other profit-making activity;
- Participating in developing a law on the Moscow city budget and compliance with the Moscow city budget;
- Acting as manager of the Moscow city budget and in particular the budgetary allocations (limits of the budgetary obligations) approved by the Moscow city law on the Moscow city budget and the budget report;
- Participating, as set out in established procedure, in the government regulation of the prices and tariffs for services provided by state facilities and institutions accountable to the department;
- Approving the amounts and the procedure of payments for children’s educational courses at arts and music schools under departmental supervision;
- Acting as a managing organisation for the insurance fund for the documents defined as having national scientific, cultural and historical heritage value and which form part of the national cultural legacy;
- Participating in the establishment, restructuring and dissolution of institutions and facilities within its authority and in accordance with established procedure;
- Developing and organising events to improve the quality of cultural provision available to residents;
- Registering, in accordance with established procedure, objects of cultural value included in Moscow’s library and museum funds and archives;
- Supporting and promoting the activities of Moscow’s ethnic cultural centres, as set out in established procedure;
- Overseeing and monitoring, in accordance with established procedure, the import and export of objects of cultural value, in cooperation with respective government agencies;
- Managing the design, construction and installation of memorial plaques, memorial signs and newly established monuments, steles, etc;
- Coordinating and carrying out applied research in cultural areas, as well as implementing new trends and achievements in science, engineering, both in Russia and abroad, for cultural purposes;
- Providing information support to Moscow cultural facilities;
- Nominating, in accordance with established procedure, professionals in arts and culture for state decorations and other awards;
- Participating in the development and implementation of targeted programmes for the rehabilitation of disabled people and involving them in municipal cultural events;
- Participating in the rehabilitation of disabled people, including providing conditions for the development of their creative skills and ensuring that cultural events are accessible;
- Acting as an executive body for the government educational institutions in arts and culture in Moscow, which involves certifying teaching staff, overseeing employment relations with the heads of the educational institutions and overseeing the activity of institutions providing extracurricular education in culture and the arts for children and adults;
- Receiving residents, in accordance with established procedure, and considering their applications;
- Providing legal support and methodological guidance on issues falling within the purview of the department;
- Overseeing compliance with federal laws and other Moscow government legislation regarding culture and the arts as falls within the purview of the department;
- Participating in the development of mobilisation procedures as stated by the federal laws and other legal acts of the Moscow government;
- Providing professional and vocational training for employees of the city’s cultural facilities;
- Cooperating with public organisations, creative groups and unions, and mainstream media on issues falling within the department’s purview and informing residents on the department’s activity;
- Facilitating international, foreign economic and interregional cooperation in culture, development and coordination of the cultural ties as falls within the department’s purview;
- Performing other functions in accordance with federal laws and other legislation of Moscow;
- Acting as an executive body of the Moscow government managing inter-budgetary transfers from the federal budget for the acquisition of the book collections of Moscow’s public libraries (Resolution of the Moscow Government No. 307-PP dated 13 April 2010);
- Acting as an executive body of the Moscow government managing inter-budgetary transfers from the federal budget to provide additional government support (grants) to organisations accountable to the Moscow Department of Culture: the Moscow State Academic Chamber Choir, the Moscow Chamber Orchestra, Muzyka Viva and The Virtuosos of Moscow, for the realisation of creative projects (paragraph introduced by Resolution of the Moscow Government No. 958-PP of 8 September 2009);
- Acting as a government contracting authority and manager of funds allocated for the establishment, renovation and maintenance of parkland within Moscow (paragraph introduced by Resolution of the Moscow Government No. 1464-PP dated 29 December 2009);
- Acting as an executive authority of the Moscow government on cultural issues (paragraph introduced by Resolution of the Moscow Government No. 1464-PP dated 29 December 2009).