Department Head and Moscow Government Minister
- Born 3 March 1960 in Millerovo, Rostov Region.
- 1983: Graduated from the Pirogov 2nd Moscow State Medical University.
- 1988–1995: Assistant Lecturer of General Surgery at the Pirogov 2nd Moscow State Medical University.
- 1995–1999: Associate Professor of General Surgery at the Pirogov 2nd Moscow State Medical University.
- 1999–2002: Professor of General Surgery at the Pirogov 2nd Moscow State Medical University.
- 2002–2006: Deputy Chief Surgeon at the Healthcare Department’s City Clinical Hospital No. 31.
- 2006–2010: Chief Physician of the Healthcare Department’s City Clinical Hospital No. 12.
- 31 December 2010 — 16 May 2014: Deputy Head of the Department of Healthcare.
- 17 May 2014 — 10 October 2014: First Deputy Head of the Department of Healthcare.
- 11 October 2014: Appointed Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department of Healthcare.
- Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of Surgery and Endoscopy of the Postgraduate Medical Studies Department at the Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University.
- Awarded the commemorative medal The 850th Anniversary of Moscow and an Honorary Certificate of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation.
- Married, with a daughter.
About the Department
- Coordinating the activities of and providing methodological support for all independent economic entities, irrespective of their legal status, involved in providing medical and pharmaceutical services to Moscow residents.
- Ensuring compliance with current legislation by state medical facilities and pharmacies, as well as other enterprises, legal entities and individuals providing medical and pharmaceutical services to the general public.
- Observing, analysing and assessing the health of Moscow residents.
- Participating in developing and implementing programmes for Moscow's social and economic development, establishing a socially oriented system for medical and pharmaceutical support to all categories of residents, including compulsory health insurance.
- Granting licences for medical and pharmaceutical activities, as well as activities related to narcotics and psychoactive drugs
- Certifying individuals and organisations involved in the Healthcare Department's health monitoring programmes.
- Organising and overseeing compulsory emergency mobilisation, civil defence and first aid training programmes.
- Enforcing state regulations over the quality and safety of medication, conditions of its storage and sale at Moscow's pharmacies regardless of their ownership structure or subordination.
- Managing the production of medication in Moscow as falls within the purview of the department.
- Granting approval to contracts for medication and medical equipment supplies closed by the state pharmacies and storage facilities.
- Delivering funds allocated by the Moscow Government to the facilities accountable to the department.
- Approving contracts for medication and medical equipment supplies entered into by the state pharmacies and storage facilities.
- Granting approval for the agreements (contracts) entered into by the Moscow Department of Property with public facilities, enterprises and organisations under the department for economic and prompt management of the healthcare industry's properties.
- Organising expert assessment of the disposal of state property, construction and restoration works, and the re-equipment of the medical and pharmaceutical facilities, enterprises and organisations.
- Participating in developing and improving the technical resources available to subordinate facilities, enterprises and organisations, including the construction of new facilities.
- Setting and approving prices for medical services and medical training, medication and medical equipment, donated blood and other transplants (biological substances) according to established procedure.
- Analysing pricing policies with a view to the economic stimulation of the financial and economic activities of the accountable facilities, enterprises and organisations, while protecting the consumers' rights in the field of medical and pharmaceutical services.
- Collaborating with federal agencies, municipal organisations, facilities and services, trade unions, public organisations, religious communities, and other organisations and management bodies to provide medical services to the general public.
- Organising courses of continuing education and vocational training for medical and pharmaceutical staff, their certification as required by the municipal healthcare services.
- Providing legal support for the medical and pharmaceutical facilities.
- Organising research and experiments in priority healthcare areas and overseeing their application in municipal healthcare services on offer to the public.
- Participating in the development of international, inter-regional and inter-agency collaboration for proper medical and pharmaceutical support for the public.
- Implementing government military healthcare programmes.