- Born 10 May, 1949, village of Remontnoye, Rostov Region.
Born into a family of veterinarians.
- 1971: Graduated from the Don Agricultural Institute.
- Served in the Soviet and Russian Armed Forces veterinary formations for over 27 years; Colonel, Medical Service Reserves.
- 1972 — 1977: Division veterinarian; head, Veterinary and Epizootic Division of the Far Eastern Military District.
- 1977 — 1983: Division head with the Veterinary and Epizootic Detachment; head, Veterinary and Epizootic Detachment, Kiev Military District.
- Saw action in the Republic of Afghanistan and participated in the Chernobyl clean-up.
- 1987 — 1992: Senior officer for mobilisation organisation at the Military Veterinary Division of the Soviet Defence Ministry.
- 1992 — 1998: Senior epizootic expert at the Military Veterinary Division of the Russian Defence Ministry; aide to the head of the Russian Armed Forces Veterinary and Sanitary Service for mobilisation organisation.
- 1998 — 2006: Deputy Head, head of the Veterinary Medicine Association of the City of Moscow.
- 2006 — present: Chairman, Moscow Veterinary Committee; Senior State Veterinary Inspector of the City of Moscow.
- June 6, 2013: Appointed Acting Head of the Veterinary Committee.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Head of the Veterinary Committee.
- Colonel, Medical Service Reserves.
- Meritorious Veterinarian of Russia, Ph. D. (Veterinary Sciences).
- Received diploma and medal at the international agricultural expo Green Week, Germany (2004 and 2005), a diploma from the all-Russian agricultural expo Golden Autumn (2002, 2003 and 2006), and a diploma from the all-Russian forum Health of the Nation as a Prerequisite for Russia’s Prosperity (2005) for high professional achievement.
- Received government awards, including the order For Service to the Motherland in the Soviet Armed Forces (3rd Class), Order of Friendship and 18 medals, as well as a golden medal For Contribution to the Development of Russia’s Agro-Industrial Complex.
About the Committee
Areas of activity
- Performing state veterinary oversight (monitoring) within its competence, adopting measures to rectify violations and prosecute violators.
- Performing epizootic, veterinary and sanitary monitoring, as well as planning and organising proper prevention and anti-epizootic, veterinary and sanitary measures in Moscow on the basis of said monitoring; in accordance with the established procedure, providing information and submitting proposals to the Moscow government on adopting measures outside the committee’s competence.
- Issuing timely public warnings about the occurrence of contagious animal diseases, including those shared by humans and animals, widespread non-communicable diseases, and measures taken to prevent epizootic outbreaks.
- Developing proposals to improve the functioning of the state veterinary service system, state veterinary and sanitary oversight (monitoring), and epizootic, veterinary, and sanitary monitoring in Moscow; ensuring the safety of food products and raw food material for animals.
- Developing municipal veterinary programmes.
- Drafting Moscow laws and other regulations on relations in the veterinary sphere; submitting them for consideration by the relevant Moscow executive bodies and officials in accordance with the established procedure.
- Drafting proposals and expert analyses on veterinary aspects of draft legislation developed by other Moscow executive bodies.
- Developing and implementing measures to improve the quality of veterinary services in Moscow.
- Acting as chief controller of municipal budgetary funds in accordance with budget law.
- Participating in international and inter-regional veterinary cooperation in accordance with the established procedure.
- Making joint efforts in the area of epizootic, veterinary, and sanitary well-being; upon the decision of the extraordinary anti-epizootic commission, coordinating actions by sole proprietors and corporations engaged in providing veterinary services if there is risk of an outbreak of a particularly dangerous animal-borne disease.
- Establishing record-keeping procedures for anti-epizootic (preventative), veterinary and sanitary measures and statistical accounting for veterinary medicine in Moscow.
- Registering specialists engaged in the veterinary business.
- Implementing personnel policy; organising the training, advanced training and certification of veterinary doctors employed with state-run veterinary institutions.
- Duly administering the placement of orders for goods, work and services for the veterinary needs of the city of Moscow.
- Duly participating in the establishment, reorganisation and liquidation of state-run veterinary institutions; exercising other powers vis-à-vis subordinate institutions.
- Participating in the development and consideration of proposed national standards, technical requirements, technical terms and other regulatory and technical documents regarding the safety of food products and raw food material for animals; drafting related proposals and comments.
- Administering the maintenance of registers by state-supervised facilities, sole proprietors and corporations working in the sphere of veterinary medicine.
- Cooperating with Moscow executive bodies and their subordinate organisations in the sphere of veterinary medicine.
- Facilitating and monitoring compliance with mandatory veterinary medicine measures related to mobilisation training.
- Creating technical veterinary reserves, biological preparations, disinfectants and other material resources at state-run veterinary institutions for use during special periods or emergencies.
- Participating in planning activities designed to prevent emergencies and conduct clean-up operations; carrying out counter-terrorism activities.
Receiving ordinary citizens and evaluating their complaints and proposals in accordance with the established procedure.
- Accrediting individuals and organisations engaged in veterinary control activities in accordance with the established procedure.
- Maintaining a register of issued accreditation certificates.