- Born 6 July, 1964 in Ulyanovsk.
- 1986: Graduated from the Tallinn Higher Military Political Construction School.
- 1999: Graduated from the Catherine the Great National Institute in 1999.
- Holds a PhD in Law.
- July 1997—April 1998: Deputy Head of the Central Excise Customs Service.
- April 1998—August 1999: department chief at the State Customs Committee.
- August 1999—May 2001: Deputy Head of the Internal Investigations Division of the State Customs Committee.
- May 2001—October 2001: chief of a regional customs department for special operations.
- October 2001—April 2004: First Deputy Head of the Central Customs Department.
- June 2004—August 2007: Deputy Head of the Soyuzplodoimport federal state enterprise.
- December 2008—October 2009: Secretary of the Security Council at the Presidential Executive Office of the Republic of Ingushetia.
- October 2009—March 2011: Prime Minister of the Republic of Ingushetia.
- March 2011 to date: Head of the Moscow Department of Physical Fitness and Sport.
- April 2013 to date: Chairman of the Olympic Champions’ Council at the Moscow Department of Physical Fitness and Sport.
- May 2014 to date: Member of the executive committee of the Russian Olympic Committee; representative of regional Olympic councils.
- June 2014 to date: President of the All-Russian Federation of Acrobatic Rock’n’Roll public organisation.
- Earned honorary mentions from the President of Russia, the Minister of Sport of Russia and the Mayor of Moscow.
- Awards: the Order of Friendship, the Order of Merit, the honorary badge of merit of the Federal Security Service, the medal For Fellowship in Rescue Effort of the Emergency Situations Ministry, the medal For Distinction in the Protection of Public Order, the medal For Merit, honorary weapon and other awards.
About the Department
Areas of activity
- Drawing up proposals on improving and developing physical fitness and sport in Moscow.
- Implementing government policy on physical fitness and sport, including targeted and integrated municipal programmes.
- Implementing government policy on physical fitness and sport and relevant municipal programmes, including through the network of organisations subordinate to the department.
- Placing, in keeping with established procedure, government orders for municipal targeted and comprehensive physical fitness and sport programmes and coordinating efforts to implement said programmes.
- Providing within its terms of reference organisational, procedural and legal support in the field of physical fitness and sport.
- Communicating with federal government and city authorities, and the city's local authorities.
- Taking part within its terms of reference in proposing and drafting federal laws and other regulatory acts of the Russian Federation governing physical fitness and sport.
- Taking part in developing draft municipal laws and other draft legislative acts governing relations in the city's physical fitness and sport sector and submitting said documents and other proposals regarding issues within the department's terms of reference to the city's authorised executive bodies and officials for consideration; taking part in improving inter-sectoral regulation of the physical fitness and sport sector; and providing expert opinion on draft legislative acts regarding physical fitness and sport that have been developed by other executive authorities in the city.
- Overseeing within its terms of reference the enforcement of federal and municipal laws regarding physical fitness and sport.
- Representing the interests of the city as a constituent entity of the Russian Federation on issues of physical fitness and sport at the national and international level.
- Accrediting fitness and sports organisations engaged in the sports that are represented in Moscow.
- Placing city government orders to develop physical fitness and sport under social programmes based on the analysis of peoples' needs; facilitating and overseeing the execution of these orders.
- Developing and introducing jointly with the city's executive authorities and other organisations a set of measures aimed at creating the necessary conditions for children and young people to be able to make career choices and receive a proper education.
- Developing and introducing jointly with the city's executive authorities and other organisations a set of measures allowing sport sector specialists to make their career choices, receive a proper education, and undergo training, retraining and advanced training.
- Cooperating with physical fitness and sports organisations, regardless of their legal status, departmental subordination or form of ownership, to develop the sport sector in Moscow; compiling and keeping the city register of physical fitness and sports organisations.
- Analysing the performance of local authorities in providing physical fitness and sporting opportunities for residents in their neighbourhoods; developing and implementing jointly with territorial executive authorities, the local governments of municipal districts and other organisations a set of measures aimed at boosting people's participation in physical fitness and sport; and cooperating with the prefectures of administrative areas, as well as district councils and local governments in Moscow.
- Coordinating scientific, procedural and research work in the physical fitness and sport sector; and organising conferences, workshops, meetings, exhibitions, and competitions, including international ones.
- Promoting inter-regional and international cooperation and implementing within its terms of reference international physical fitness and sport programmes and projects.
- Providing information support to the sport sector in Moscow; communicating with the media on issues within the department's terms of reference; and providing Moscow residents with information on the most important issues related to physical fitness and sport.
- Taking part jointly with law-enforcement agencies in developing and implementing security measures at organisations subordinate to the department and measures to protect Moscow residents during public events.
- Cooperating with the city's executive authorities and the local authorities of the municipal districts in the military-patriotic education of young people.
- Developing and implementing, in conjunction with trade unions, civil society organisations, the city's executive authorities and other interested parties, health protection and labour safety measures targeted at the sector's employees.
- Drawing up and approving a schedule of citywide mass participation sporting events, festivals and contests; arranging citywide competitions and practice sessions; and developing and approving regulations on citywide mass participation in physical fitness and sporting events.
- Taking part, in keeping with established procedure, in establishing, reorganising and winding up public institutions, state-run enterprises and organisations partly owned by the city, and overseeing their activities.
- Performing the functions of chief administrator of city budget allocations; and taking part in drawing up city expense budgets for physical fitness and sport and registers of the city's liabilities.
- Placing, in keeping with established procedure, city government orders for physical fitness and sports programmes.
- Planning budget allocations to organisations subordinate to the department to meet their current and long-term needs and overseeing commitment of funds by said organisations.
- Exercising, in keeping with established procedure, government oversight in Moscow of the compliance of legal entities or individuals running their own business with mandatory goods (work, services) requirements in the physical fitness and sport sector.
- Coordinating within its terms of reference issues of state property management by organisations subordinate to the department:
- conducting expert evaluation of the likely implications of the signing of leasing contracts by said organisations, as well as of the decisions of authorised bodies to tear down, renovate, upgrade and modify buildings and structures for purposes of education and training;
- overseeing compliance with leasing terms.
- Collecting, processing, analysing and filing, in keeping with established procedure, government statistics on physical fitness and sport and financial statements, and ensuring their accuracy.
- Receiving, in keeping with established procedure, individuals and organisations, and considering their applications as provided for in federal laws and municipal regulatory acts.
- Making, in keeping with established procedure, proposals to name organisations subordinate to the department and municipal physical fitness and sporting facilities.
- Taking part in developing mobilisation training measures, in keeping with the procedure specified in federal laws and municipal laws and other regulatory acts.
- Providing procedural assistance to the local governments of municipal districts, to whom the city government has delegated its powers in the field of physical fitness and sport, and overseeing their performance.
- Ensuring comprehensive security of institutions subordinate to the department.
- Introducing information technology in the city's sport sector.
- Performing other functions in keeping with federal laws and municipal regulatory acts.