- Born 9 February 1959 in the city of Kuibyshev (now Samara).
- 1981: Graduated from the Kazan Institute of Civil Engineering.
- 1981–1995: Engineer, senior engineer, Deputy Head and Head of the Capital Construction Department under the Mayor of Kazan.
- 1995: Deputy Mayor of Kazan, Head of the Construction and Architectural Designing Complex.
- April 2006: Appointed First Deputy Presidential Envoy to the Far Eastern Federal District. Monitored socio-economic policy, including major economic, social and financial issues, priority national projects, economic security and issues linked with federative relations and local government. Performed the duties of the Presidential Envoy to the Far Eastern Federal District since October 2007.
- March 2009–April 2012: First Deputy Director of the National Exhibition Centre.
- February 2013–February 2014: First Deputy Chairman of the Moscow Committee for State Oversight in Construction.
- 4 February 2014: Chairman of the Moscow Committee for State Oversight in Construction.
- Actual State Councillor of the Russian Federation, 3rd Class (title awarded by the President’s executive order of 1 December 2006.
- Holds the title of Merited Builder of the Russian Federation.
- Awarded the Order of Honour (2007), the medal For Contribution to the Legacy of the Russian Peoples (2005), an Honorary Certificate of Kazan and an Honorary Certificate of the Republic of Tatarstan.
- Married, with two children.
About the Committee
Areas of activity
- Issuing permits to build and approve buildings and structures for use in accordance with the law.
- Ensuring that:
- Work process and building materials used in construction, renovation, and major repairs of permanent buildings and structures, including those specified in Part Two, Article 4.2 of Federal Law No. 191-FZ On Enforcing the Urban Development Code of the Russian Federation, dated 29 December, 2004, and except those listed in Part Three, Article 54 of the Urban Development Code of the Russian Federation, as well as the results of these works, are compliant with technical regulation and design documentation requirements, including requirements for energy efficiency and the installation of energy meters at buildings and structures;
- Construction permits are available; and
- Parts Two and Three, Article 52 of the Urban Development Code of the Russian Federation are observed.
- Carrying out final inspections to assess the quality of construction work and decide whether to formalise a report on the compliance of built, renovated, and repaired buildings and structures with technical regulation and design documentation requirements.
- Registering notices as well as general and special journals with operation records sent by developers (customers) to the Committee to notify it about the commencement of construction, renovation, and major repairs of permanent buildings and structures and/or about the start of work on a construction phase.
- Conducting expert appraisals, examinations, as well as laboratory and other tests of work in progress, as well as of building materials, products, and structural components used for construction purposes, as required.
- Accrediting individuals and organisations registered as experts as well as expert organisations to exercise oversight during inspections in accordance with the law.
- Overseeing proper construction control by entities involved in construction.
- Initiating administrative proceedings in connection with administrative offences in construction.
- Overseeing remedial action in respect of violations revealed during state construction oversight.
- Formalising and issuing, in the prescribed manner, reports on the compliance of built, renovated, and repaired capital construction facilities with technical regulation and project documentation requirements, construction standards and codes, state and national standards, and other acts and regulations.
- Investigating cases of damage to the health or property of individuals or legal entities incurred through violations of urban development laws at capital construction sites as specified in Parts Three and Four, Article 62 of the Urban Development Code of the Russian Federation.
- Keeping and updating the computerised database on facilities subject to state construction oversight in the prescribed manner.
- Cooperating with self-regulating R&D and design organisations, as well as with non-governmental and other organisations to ensure adequate quality of construction products.
- Monitoring the condition of construction sites and their compliance with applicable standards in the construction sector.
- Getting involved in developing and coordinating draft municipal regulations and posting them on the Committee’s website to make sure that these documents contain no loopholes that could allow for corruption.