- 1982: Graduated from the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute.
- 1982 to 1985: Served with the Armed Forces.
- From 1985: Worked at the All-USSR Research & Development, Design and Technology Institute for Electric Machinery in positions ranging from design engineer and researcher to chief designer.
- 1994 to 1997: Director, Research & Production Centre, Melta All-Union Design and Technology Institute for Electrothermal Equipment.
- 1996: PhD in Technology.
- Subsequently, Mr Tsybin worked with the Moscow city government apparatus in various capacities. From 1997 to 2008, he worked at the Southeastern Administrative Area prefecture, first as head of the Economy and Long-Term Development Department, then as head of the Administration department, as chief of staff, deputy prefect, and first deputy prefect.
- 2002: Enrolled in the Russian Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation, graduating in 2007 with a degree in law.
- 2008: Appointed Chairman of the Committee for Reforming Moscow’s Municipal Services and Facilities. Since 13 May 2008, Mr Tsybin has been head of Moscow’s Department of Housing, Utilities and Amenities.
- 6 June 2013: Appointed Acting Head of the Department of Housing, Utilities and Amenities.
- 17 September 2013: Appointed Head of the Department of Housing, Utilities and Amenities.
- 7 April 2015: Appointed Prefect of the Southeastern Administrative Area.
- Awards: Letter of Gratitude from the Russian President, Honorary Certificate from the Russian Regional Development Ministry, badge of honour For Exemplary Service to Moscow (20 years), and a badge of honour from the Russian Emergencies Ministry.