- Born July 6, 1960, in Leningrad.
- Enrolled in Frunze Naval College after graduating from secondary school. Began service with the Baltic Fleet; served as navigator, chief officer, and ship captain.
- Served on the Main Staff of the Russian Navy and General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces. Graduated from the Naval Academy and the Russian Civil Service Academy under the President of the Russian Federation. Military rank — Capt. 1st Class
- Has worked in the Moscow government since 2008. 2000 — present: First deputy head of the Department for Contacts with Legislative and Executives Bodies of the Moscow government.
- August 2005 — present: Chairman of the Committee on Interregional Contacts and Inter-Ethnic Policy of the City of Moscow.
- October 2008 — September 2010: Prefect of Moscow’s Central Administrative Area, ranking as a Moscow government minister.
- In 2008, named best manager in Russia’s state and municipal administrative system by the Federation Council, State Duma, and Moscow government.
- 6 June, 2013: Appointed Acting Prefect of the Western Administrative Area.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Prefect of the Western Administrative Area.
- Recipient of 10 medals.
- Awarded a certificate of honour by the Moscow government for his long and fruitful service in Moscow’s executive bodies on the occasion of his 50th birthday.
- Corresponding member of the Academy of Security, Defence, and Law and Order; professor at the Academy of Military Sciences; PhD (Law); author of over 50 research works.