- Born in 1954 in Bui, Kostroma Region.
- Graduated with honours from the Moscow Institute of Electronic Engineering in 1977.
- Engineer at the Research Institute of Precision Instruments. 1989: graduated from the Moscow Higher Party School while continuing to work full time.
- 1978-1982: Head of the Organisational Department of the Zelenograd District Young Communist League (Komsomol) Committee; elected District Komsomol Committee Secretary.
- 1982: Instructor at the Organisational Department of the Soviet Communist Party’s Zelenograd District Committee. Subsequently promoted to Assistant First District Committee Secretary.
- Elected and re-elected Deputy of the Zelenograd City Council of People’s Deputies.
- 1987: Elected Deputy Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Zelenograd City Council for Housing Policy, Culture and Sports Issues.
- 1990: Appointed Deputy Board Chairman and later Board Chairman of the Technopolis Innovation Bank.
- 1998: First Deputy Prefect of the Zelenograd Administrative Area for Economic Issues.
- Since January 2000: Appointed Prefect of the Zelenograd Administrative Area.
- Reappointed Prefect of the Zelenograd Administrative Area under the Moscow Municipal Government’s resolution No. 1,013-PP of November 11, 2010.
- 6 June, 2013: Appointed Acting Prefect of the Zelenograd Administrative Area.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Prefect of the Zelenograd Administrative Area.
- State decorations:
- the Order of Merit, the Order of Friendship, among others;
- Professional awards:
- Merited Builder of the Russian Federation, Defence Ministry Medal “For Strengthening Combat Fraternity,” Medal of the Ministry for Civil Defence, Emergencies and Disaster Relief “For Involvement in Emergencies,” medal “Fraternity for Rescue” among others.
- Moscow City awards:
- Honorary certificate of the Moscow Municipal Government, commendation from the Mayor of Moscow and others.
- Married, has one daughter and three grandchildren.
- Enjoys football, downhill skiing, tennis and swimming.