About the Department
Areas of activity
- Acting as the main administrator and recipient of budget funds.
- Functions as a contracting authority during the placement of orders related to the Administrative Department, including those involving renovation and construction work on facilities assigned to the Administrative Department and accountable organisations that are listed in Moscow’s Target Investment Programme.
- Providing financial support for vehicle services provided to the Moscow Mayor, Moscow government, officials and employees with the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government and other Moscow public institutions; providing financial support for rail, air and water transportation of officials and employees; purchasing and carrying out repairs to vehicles, road machinery and other equipment, as set out in established procedure.
- Providing catering facilities at Moscow government office buildings.
- Providing catering services during official functions and receptions attended by the Mayor and Moscow government; making purchases of souvenir items.
- Providing medical, health resort, and welfare services to the Moscow Mayor and Moscow government, officials and employees with the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government, those in other Moscow municipal executive bodies, and their families, as well as to retired municipal civil servants and their families.
- Coordinating prices for holiday packages to departmental health resorts, retreats, camps, recreation centres, and rates for work (services) performed (provided) by accountable organisations, unless otherwise provided by law.
- Providing recreational, health and fitness, educational and cultural services to employees with the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government and those with Moscow executive bodies.
- Engaging in foreign economic activity pursuant to federal law.
- Organising construction, renovation and repair work to facilities assigned to the Administrative Department or its accountable organisations that are used by Moscow’s public authorities and organisations reporting to the Administrative Department; undertaking the design, construction and acquisition of service and manufacturing facilities and residential premises in response to the needs of the Mayor, Moscow government, officials and employees with the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government, the Administrative Department, employees with accountable organisations, or for other purposes.
- Pursuant to procedures established by federal law and Moscow municipal regulations, drafting itemised lists for capital construction, renovation and overhaul work to be carried out on Moscow property assigned to the Administrative Department or its subordinate organisations.
- Distributing funds allocated for capital construction, renovation and overhaul work to property assigned to the Administrative Department or its accountable organisations.
- Directing resources to fund capital construction of manufacturing or non-manufacturing facilities and carrying out economic activities pursuant to the procedure established by federal legislation and municipal regulations.
- Coordinating and overseeing work by accountable organisations to enhance their performance and maximise use of the property assigned to them.
- Overseeing and analysing the financial and economic activities of accountable organisations, and appointing or demoting heads of accountable organisations in accordance with established procedure.
- Implementing a common expense budget for running the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government and executive bodies staffed by employees of the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government.
- Protecting and safeguarding classified information within the Administrative Department.
- Providing security services to subordinate administrative facilities and property, including during the transportation of this property.
- Pursuant to federal law and municipal legal acts, managing residential premises assigned to the Administrative Department.
- Coordinating work by Moscow hotels, regardless of their legal organisational form or form of ownership, regarding their security and protection against terrorist attacks in accordance with established procedure.
- Participating in drafting and implementing a common economic and financial policy to ensure high-level performance by Moscow’s hotel businesses in implementing the Municipal Target Tourism Programme in Moscow.
- Signing agreements (contracts) with organisations and individuals.
- Organising construction and operation of the multi-service urban transportation network operated by the Moscow government.
- Providing IT and telecoms services to the Mayor and Moscow government, the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government, as well as organisations reporting to the Moscow government.
- Implementing the latest information technologies at the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government, as well as other Moscow executive bodies.
- Providing comprehensive communication services, including telematic, data transfer, local telephone, and mobile phone services to the Mayor and Moscow government, the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government, and organisations accountable to the Moscow government.
- Purchasing equipment, implements, materials, the full range of communications and data transfer devices, TV and radio broadcasting equipment, computer hardware and office appliances, and ensuring that they are kept in good working order.
- Operating and administrating local networks used by the Moscow government, the Executive Office of the Mayor and Moscow government, the Moscow government’s wide area network, email servers and websites.
- Operating the TV studio complex Moskva and upgrading it as necessary.
- Functioning as the contracting authority when signing public contracts relating to the Administrative Department.
- Coordinating work by Moscow’s executive bodies to collect debt owed to the Moscow budget, with the exception of tax and levy arrears.
- Analyzing information and drafting proposals to improve debt collection efforts and mechanisms with regard to outstanding debt owed by debtor organisations to the Moscow budget.
- Carrying out other functions and activities associated with the objectives and activities of the Administrative Department.