- Born 16 October 1950, Moscow.
- 1973: Graduated from the Moscow Institute of Railway Engineering.
- 1973 — 1975: Worked as an engineer.
- 1975: Served as security operations officer and occupied commanding positions at the KGB (later FSB).
- 2000: Head of the Federal Security Service Department for Moscow and the Moscow Region.
- 18 December 2012: Appointed Deputy Moscow Mayor in the Moscow Government for Counterterrorism Operations.
- June 6, 2013: Appointed Acting Deputy Mayor for Counterterrorism Operations.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Deputy Mayor for Counterterrorism Operations.
- Married, with two daughters.
- Awarded the Order for Service to the Motherland, 3rd and 4th class; the Order of Valour; the Order for Military Service; the Order of Honour; the Russian Security Council Medal for National Security Service; the Medal The 850th Anniversary of Moscow; the Medal for Fidelity to Duty; the Badge of distinction For Service to Moscow; the Badge of distinction For Service to the Moscow Region; the Badge For Exemplary Service to Moscow for 25 years; the Foreign Ministry Badge of Distinction.